Worship Reopening Guide (Winter 2020 / Spring 2021)
- Eudora UMC Color code for church will be set each Thursday and governed by the color status of Lawrence-Douglas County Health Education Response website at https://ldchealth.org/457/Smart-and-Safe-School-Reopening. This color coding will be sent out on Friday through the various communication tools now in place for EUMC.
Code Green: If outside temperature is 40 degrees or less, worship will be held inside with a limit of 45 attendees which includes the pastor, praise band and support staff. Radio transmission will be available for those who wish or need to worship from their vehicle.
Code Yellow: If outside temperature is 40 degrees or less, worship will be held inside with a limit of 34 people which includes the pastor, praise band and support staff. Radio transmission will be available for those who wish or need to worship from their vehicle
Code Orange: If outside temperature is 40 degrees or less, there will be no indoor worship. Pastor and praise band will conduct worship from the sanctuary and it will be available by livestream. Radio transmission will be available for those who wish to worship from their vehicle.
Code Red: There will be no indoor worship. Service will be virtual or pre-recorded. No radio transmission.
*Special Note: Weather determination for outdoor worship will be based on predicted weather for Sunday morning. Praise Band will remain outside when predicted weather at time of worship is 40 degrees (with wind-chill), little to no precipitation and no thunderstorms or severe weather in the area.
Rules for in the building worship:
● No congregational singing.
● No nursery provided.
● No Sunday School.
● Will have bathrooms closed except for a single-person bathroom near the playground door (for emergency use only).
● No bulletins or bulletins placed in seats on Friday afternoon.
● Communion will be by to-go cup only.
● No passing of the offering plate.
● No Fellowship time.
It is also the recommended that as until as such time as the pandemic is deemed under control and a safe vaccine available, that the church be used only on Sunday by EUMC as indicated above with additional guidelines and as shown on the EUMC Updated Worship Guidelines - COVID-19 (detailed guidelines available upon request).
Guidelines for Drive-in 9:00 am Worship:
● Please RSVP your attendance prior to the worship service: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/drive-in-worship-service-tickets-111846315340
● Please check the weather: Worship will not take place if there are thunderstorms.
● As you drive into the church parking lot, please check in with a greeter.
● In addition to taking note of attendance Greeters will have the following items:
● Extra masks, a few worship bulletins, pre-packaged communion supplies (on communion sunday), a notebook to write down any joys or concerns, and a collection box (to collect any offering).
● An "usher" will direct you to your parking space in front of the church.
● Please stay in your vehicle or in lawn chairs by your vehicle. Everyone needs to stay with the people with whom they came.
● Restrooms will NOT be available. The building is closed.
● Please maintain 6' distance.
● All persons who leave their vehicles are asked to wear a mask ○ Exclusions: Those under age 2 & anyone with a Medical Condition in which a doctor has recommended NOT wearing a face mask.
● Radio Transmission of Service by tuning the radio in your vehicle to 88.7 FM.
Stay at home request: Please stay home if you or a member of your household are experiencing or have been experiencing the following symptoms such as cough, fever of 100.4 or higher, sore throat, shortness of breath or other illness within the past 14 days, have been exposed to or are residing with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days, traveled out of the country or to “hot spots,” or you are at a higher risk for severe illness.
Palm/Passion Sunday Worship (March 28th) - 9 am (Virtual, Drive-In or In-Person In the Sanctuary)
Easter Egg Hunt to follow worship -- about 9:45 am
Maundy Thursday Service (April 1st) - 7 pm: (Virtual Only): Eudora & Baldwin 1st UMC Facebook Pages
Good Friday Service (April 2nd) - 7 pm: (Virtual, Drive-In or In-Person in the Sanctuary)
Easter Sunday (April 4th):
Sunrise Service 7 am: Outdoor Service Near the Large Cross & Flame (Weather Permitting) - In case of inclement weather the service will take place inside of the Sanctuary
(Grab & Go Breakfast Burritos) - Hosted by the Missions Team (Will be available or pick-up from about 7:30-8:45 am)- Free Will Donation
Easter Worship @ 9 am (Virtual, Drive-In or In-Person in the Sanctuary)
Eudora United Methodist Church is a growing congregation with a wonderful mix of newer attending younger singles/families and older adults that have been part of the church's rich history. We're a mission and service-oriented church that is constantly striving to grow in understanding God's love for us and in our response of sharing that love with others. We experience and share the presence of God's spirit in an intentionally blended music worship on Sunday mornings and in a variety of Spiritual Formation opportunities for all ages. Various Fellowship Groups also bring the congregation together for fun activities that meet through the year.
Looking for a new church home in which to grow and share? Come visit and discover your place here!